It’s no surprise to anyone that sitting five days a week in a nine to five job takes a toll on your health. Being pulled in a million different directions also makes it hard for a person in modern-day society to make their health a priority. Through healthy eating and incorporated exercise, read on to learn how to make healthy happen in this crazy busy life!
- Pay attention to your posture Since the beginning of time, we have all been nagged by our grandmothers to sit up straight. We all subconsciously know the value of good posture. But do you know what good posture means? Well, for starters, your computer screen should be an arm’s length away from you, and the top of your monitor should be level with your forehead. Your elbows should be bent at your side at a right angle. Your hips and knees should also be at right angles when sitting. Your feet should lay fat on the floor. To read more about good posture at a desk job, click here.
- Move when you can Taking the stairs instead of the elevator can make you feel more awake and raise your heartrate. Standing when doing mundane tasks in your office can increase blood flow. Going to the gym during your lunch break can invigorate you for the rest of your workday. All of these activities are simple steps in adding movement to your day!
- Meal Prepping Every Instagram model has boasted of her super successful meal prepping journey. It may shock you to hear this, but she might have the right idea. Meal prepping can make weekday meals easier and less stressful for you and your family. If you are a person who cannot eat the same thing every night for a week, try meal prepping roasted vegetables or other healthy sides. Taking at least a little stress out of your food preparation can help you to feel more in control.
- Pack your lunch Everyone tells you to pack your lunch, but buying Chipotle during your lunch break is just so much easier. And often, the easier choice is the most difficult to avoid. To make improvements to your health, however, you must choose to path less traveled. After all, putting effort into things you want to change is the only way to get it accomplished.
- Time manage your workouts Working out during the week seems outright impossible. We suggest, however, that you plan out your workouts in your planner! When you force yourself to carve out the time to work out, you are so much more compelled to actually follow through with it.
Although everything is easier said than done, we believe that small steps in the right direction are better than no progress at all. In terms of healthy living, it can be an entire lifestyle change. By pushing yourself to make tiny changes every day, you can start on your track to a healthy life.