PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act)
Report Sexual Abuse at Alvis
At Alvis, client safety has always been a priority, and our leadership and staff approach the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) as one more way of ensuring a safe, healthy culture. Like many in corrections who have embraced PREA, the leaders at Alvis have employed current best practices in community corrections to help prevent sexual abuse. For example, Alvis uses gender-responsive classifications and treatment tools, motivational interviewing techniques, and individualized case management practices to run safe facilities. By leveraging Alvis' existing policies and practices to help prevent sexual abuse and improve response when it does happen, leaders have avoided creating a PREA bureaucracy, instead establishing a nimble system that prioritizes staff training and clear policies and procedures that protect the safety and well being of clients.
If you are an Alvis client and wish to report sexual abuse, call 614-388-9903 or Submit Our Online Form.
You may also call Alvis' toll-free PREA hotline, 1-844-241-2773.
What is PREA?
The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) was created to eliminate sexual abuse in confinement. Learn more
- National PREA Resource Center
- Preventing and Responding to Corrections-Based Sexual Abuse: A Guide for Community Corrections Professionals by Carrie E. Abner, Jane Browning, and John Clark
- Alvis PREA Investigations FAQ
- Alvis PREA Allegation Summary Report 2016
- Alvis PREA Allegations Summary Report 2017
- Alvis PREA Allegations Summary Report 2018
- Alvis PREA Allegation Summary Report 2019
- Alvis PREA Allegation Summary Report 2020
The auditor's final reports are published on the Alvis website pursuant to PREA standard 115.403(f).